Letter From Elementary Principal
Every one of my 27 years as principal has served to deepen my love for our school, our faculty and staff, our students, and our families. I love this school for its mission, and I love this school for its families. BCS families are some of the finest you will ever meet.
Our Children’s Ark preschool and K-5 elementary program create a nurturing environment and provide a solid foundation for college-preparatory education. Elementary teachers work closely with secondary teachers in vertical teams to align curriculum from bottom to top, ensuring that instruction is solid and seamless in its coverage. Teachers implement highly-developed curriculum and a wide variety of resources in teaching our core subjects at every level.
The elementary program provides invaluable assets beyond the basic curriculum.
- Children receive daily Bible instruction and participate in weekly chapel.
- All subjects are taught from a perspective of Christian faith.
- Children develop a rich appreciation of the arts with our daily music classes through grade three, alternating days of vocal and instrumental music in grade four, and classes in art, band, and choir in grade five.
- Daily physical education classes stretch children’s muscles and stimulate their minds. Fifth graders also have the opportunity to participate in team athletics.
- Technology enhances classroom experiences, and weekly instruction in the computer lab develops and sharpens a wide range of skills.
- Weekly Spanish instruction lays the foundation for later language studies.
- Our elementary library encourages a love of reading and research with its abundant resources.
- Field trips at every level connect the classroom to the world at large.
Our students perform exceptionally well at district and state levels in academic competitions, and our classes rank in the top two percent in the nation on standardized achievement tests.
Founded in 1963, BCS has established a strong program with a rich tradition.
But I began by saying that I love this school because of its mission:
The mission of Brentwood Christian School is to lead students to love God
and to nurture them in a Christ-centered academic environment
that emphasizes excellence and inspires them to develop their God-given talents
for lives of Christian leadership and service.
The heart of that mission is the first 13 words. Our mission is to lead our students to love God. We take seriously the words of Jesus in Mark 8:36: “What good is it for a person to gain the whole world and lose his own soul?” Our goal is to prepare the children we serve to follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ in living lives that honor God. We welcome families who share this noble goal.