1. WE BELIEVE IN THE ONE TRUE AND LIVING GOD. He is the creator and sustainer of the universe, who is all-wise, all-present, and all-powerful. He is ruler over everything and directs the affairs of men according to His eternal purposes. (Genesis 1:1-3, Isaiah 44:6, 24, Isaiah 45:5-7, Mark 12:29-32, Acts 17:25b-28).
2. WE BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST IS GOD’S BELOVED SON. Being in very nature God, He was present and active in creation. He lived on this earth, taught men to know the path to salvation, and was crucified for our sin in order to reconcile us with God. He was raised from the grave on the third day and ascended into Heaven to sit at the right hand of God, where He now intercedes with the Father on our behalf. We believe in His eventual return, His ultimate victory over Satan, and His eternal reign. (Matthew 28:2-7, John 1:1-3, John 3:16, John 14:6, Romans 8:34, Ephesians 1:18-23, Philippians 2:6, Colossians 1:17-20, 2 Peter 1:11, Revelation 12:10-11).
3. WE BELIEVE IN THE HOLY SPIRIT. He is one with the Father and Son and lives within the church, individually and collectively directing our minds, giving us life, empowering us to confess that Jesus is Lord, testifying that we are God’s children, and interceding for us in our prayers. (John 14:6, Romans 8:5-17; 26-27, 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19; 12:3).
4. WE BELIEVE THAT SALVATION COMES ONLY THROUGH JESUS CHRIST. All of us have sinned, and our sin separates us from Holy God. However, we are reconciled to God through Christ’s sacrifice for us, causing our hearts to repent of our former sinful ways, to confess before men that Jesus is Lord, and to carry out our obedience in baptism (immersion). We are raised from the water a new creature, designed to carry out the works of service God has reserved for each of us, and to grow toward the Christlike character that He desires. (Matthew 10:32-33, Mark 16:16, John 10:9, Acts 2:38, Acts 4:12, Acts 26:20b, Romans, 3:23, Romans 4:6-8, Romans 5:11, II Corinthians 5:18-21, Ephesians 2:10, Ephesians 5:2, Colossians 1:22-23a).
5. WE BELIEVE THAT THE BIBLE IS THE INSPIRED WRITTEN WORD OF GOD. Through the Bible, God reveals His holy nature and the desire for a covenant relationship with His children. The Bible is the comprehensive and authoritative guide to right living and Christian conduct, and outlines God’s plan to reconcile all men to Himself through Jesus Christ. (Psalm 19:7-11, Proverbs 30:5-6, Philippians 1:27, 2 Timothy 3:16).
6. WE BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST ESTABLISHED HIS CHURCH. His desire is for a unified community of followers, who act as His ambassadors to carry the good news of salvation to all men, and serve others in His name. The church provides mutual encouragement to each other and assembles together to worship Jesus our risen Lord and God the Father. (Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 2:41-47, Ephesians 2:19-22, Ephesians 3:10, Hebrews 10:24-25).
7. WE BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST WILL RETURN. A judgment of all men’s actions and intents will take place, and those who have faithfully served Jesus will, through His grace and mercy, live with Him for all eternity in Heaven. (Matthew 16:17, John 14:1-3, 2 Corinthians 5:10, Philippians 3:20, 1 Peter 1:3-5).