Brentwood Christian School is committed to attracting and retaining quality Christian employees who share the School’s values and core beliefs. If you are eager to make a difference in God’s kingdom then there is no better place than Brentwood. Explore our Job Openings and apply today.
Established in 1963 as a ministry of the Brentwood Oaks Church of Christ, the School is devoted to the mission: to lead students to love God and to nurture them in a Christ-centered environment that emphasizes excellence and inspires them to develop their God-given talents for lives of Christian leadership and service. We have placed ourselves firmly in the ministry of education and coupled that commitment with the mission of putting Christ as the reason for being. We are BCS because of our mission.
- Academically Excellent – BCS strives to provide a school environment that emphasizes academic excellence. Our educators are focused on delivering a dynamic, comprehensive, and challenging curriculum to prepare students for college.
- Curriculum – All curriculum is written and taught from a consciously Christian perspective and meets or exceeds state and national standards. Textbooks, adopted on a rotating basis after faculty review, include both Christian and major publishers.
- Available to Many – BCS seeks to make quality education available to all who desire it. The School was created to serve families of “ordinary income” and over the years has not lost sight of this key part of its charter.
- Parent Involvement – BCS parents are noted for their enthusiastic involvement and support of the school. There are ample opportunities for them to provide leadership in volunteer and fundraising activities.
Brentwood is dedicated to providing affordable, competitive benefits to our employees and their families so they may lead healthy, productive lives of service. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time eligible faculty and staff including:
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan – The School also offers a 403(b) retirement annuity plan making a contribution each pay period in addition to any contribution the employee chooses to make.
- Tuition Remission – Full-time eligible employees receive a 50-percent tuition discount for each child enrolled in grades K4-12.
- School Breaks – The School will compensate employees during all school breaks including but not limited to Labor Day, Fall Break, Thanksgiving holiday, Christmas holiday, Spring Break, Good Friday, and Memorial Day.
- Paid Time Off – In addition to school breaks PTO is awarded annually on September 1st and prorated for late hires. Employees may carry over a maximum of four days of unpaid leave each year or two days for faculty.
Austin is one of the most beloved cities in the nation. It has become a destination for people who want their careers and their social lives to flourish. In 2020, U.S. News & World Report confirmed what we already knew—and ranked Austin one of the top 10 best places to live in the U.S.
Music is a hallmark of Austin. Its status as the Live Music Capital of the World is backed by 200 live music venues and 2,000 bands and performing artists who deliver amazing shows every night of the week. SXSW and the Austin City Limits Music Festival have brought the city international fame, drawing celebrities and locals alike for an unforgettable music experience.
Over the past decade, Austin has built a renowned food scene. Award-winning restaurants and adventurous food trucks fill the city’s streets and neighborhoods, where chefs plate up classic fare and create new favorites. You might have a hard time deciding whether you want ramen, barbecue, or tacos, but one thing’s for sure—it’ll be some of the best you’ve ever had.
With 300 sunny days a year, Austin is a perfect place to explore the outdoors. Running the hike and bike trail, swimming in Barton Springs, kayaking on Lady Bird Lake, or climbing at a greenbelt are go-to favorites. The Central Texas Hill Country offers even more opportunities to get outside, with hiking, mountain- and road biking, camping, and floating the rivers.
Whether you’re a music lover, foodie, or outdoor enthusiast, imagine living your best life in the nation’s best city—imagine yourself here.