Varsity basketball Girls:
BestPack Tournament: Finished 2nd
- Game 1 – W BCS 35 Savio 23: After a slow first half the Lady Bears outscored Savio 17-4 in the 3rd quarter. Emma Leidlein led the way with 12 points, ten of those coming in the 3rd.
- Game 2 – W BCS 46 Regents 28 Hannah Lewis led the way with 14 points, Nyna Vasquez had 11, and Emma Leidlein 9.
- Game 3 – L BCS 34 Midland Christian 36 Two evenly matched teams. BCS trailed 13-12 after the 1st. Both teams went cold in the second with BCS trailing 15-14 at half. The lady bears stayed ice cold in the 3rd, and trailed 21-15. The team finally got hot in the 4th, hitting 3 consecutive three pointers to take the lead. Midland Christian regained the lead with clutch foul shooting. A final three point field goal to win went long. Hannah Lewis led the way with 12 points.
- Game 4 – W BCS 64 St. Stephens 8. The BCS starters got some deserved rest and two freshmen stole the show. Alyssa McLain hit 7 threes and finished with 25, and Abi Walker had 8 points and 6 steals.
Hannah Lewis received All-Tournament
Fort Worth Lake Country Eagle Classic:
- Game 1 – BCS lost 42 to 50 against Grapevine Faith. After leading 22-20 at half the Lady Bears let one slip away. Hannah Lewis had 16 points and Abi Walker had 7.
- Game 2 – BCS lost 35 to 69 against Bishop Dunne. The Lady Bears could not keep up with the quick pace set by Bishop Dunne. Hannah Lewis scored 12 points and Sam Fowler had 6.
- Game 3 – BCS took home the win against FW All-Saints, 35 to 25 after a slow start, BCS trailed 17-7 at half. Smothering defense led by Abi Walker and Grace McDaniel turned the momentum and the Lady Bears outscored the Saints 18-2 in the 3rd quarter. Jaclyn Wishard let the Lady Bears with 10 points and Abi Walker had 9.
- Game 4 – BCS won 48 to 31 against Burton Adventist. BCS jumped out to a 20-4 lead in the 1st quarter and cruised to an easy win to take first in the bronze bracket. Grace McDaniel let the team with 10 points, and Jaclyn Wishard chipped in 9.
Abi Walker received All-tournament
5th and 6th Grade Basketball:
- Boys Game – The BCS 5th/6th 8A boys lost 19-28 against St. Andrews on 11/28/17. The boys played hard on defense, but struggled to hit free throws. We’ll get ‘em next time!
- Girls Game – The BCS 5th/6th 8A girls lost 6-27 against St. Andrews on 11/28/17.