Our Bear and Lady Bear athletes and Band members have had a wonderful Fall season! Read Below for the end-of-season recap.
Our middle and high school region band auditions took place the first 2 weekends in December. The students listed below earned a spot in the all-region band. They will have the opportunity to perform in the region clinic and concert in January.
- Andrew Kent, Clarinet, Concert Band 8th Chair, and Area Band
- Nathan Prundeanu, Alto Clarinet, Symphonic Band 1st Chair, and Area Band
- Clayton Rackley, Alto Saxophone, Concert Band 5th Chair
- Claire Morris, Trombone, Concert Band 2nd Chair
- Nathan Thom, Trombone, Concert Band 3rd Chair
- Noah Prundeanu, Tuba, Concert Band 5th Chair and Area Band
- Katie Calton, Bassoon, Symphonic Band 1st Chair
- AJ Kent, Trumpet, Concert Band 7th Chair
- Jacob Klein-Bradham, Bass Clarinet, Symphonic Band 3rd Chair
Our Cheer team competed in the TAPPS State Cheer competition on Tuesday, December 6th. This was the first time in over a decade that our cheer squad has competed at the state level. Our girls did a great job scoring an Excellent rating and coming in 12th overall in the Spirit category. Coach Julie Ann Harper said, “Going to State was definitely a learning experience for all of us. I am so proud of our Lady Bears and can not wait for next year.”
- All-State Second Team – Hailey Stromberg
- All-State Honorable Mention – Valeree Cordes
This year our Lady Bears Cross Country team took home the State title and broke some school records along the way. Harper Counts broke the 2-mile cross-country record time of 12:34 with a new time of 11:54 at the Salado Invitational. Harper also has the fastest 5K time of 18:29. Our Lady Bears typically run 2 mile races however Harper qualified for several Elite 5K runs.
Renne Cooper also broke the 5K boys cross country record. The previous record was 17:48 set in 2014. Renne set the new record with a time of 15:52 at the FEAST Invitational.
- All-State – Renne Cooper & Harper Counts
- Academic All-State – Katie Pittner
Our Lady Bears made a valiant run for the State title this year! Our girls were state finalists and again broke some school records in what was one of the best seasons in BCS history. Our team had 44 season wins which broke the previous record of 36. They had a 21 game winning streak breaking the previous record of 16!
- First-Team All-District – Ashlynn Alvarado, Kendal Roberson, Rayen Flandes, & Parker Kimball
- Second-Team All-District – Aubrey Acheson & Claire Montgomery
- Honorable Mention All-District – Tynneson Allen
- First-Team All-State – Ashlynn Alvarado
- Second-Team All-State – Kendal Roberson & Rayen Flandes
- Honorable Mention All-State – Parker Kimball
- All-State Tournament Team – Ashlynn Alvarado, Parker Kimball, Claire Montgomery & Kendal Roberson
- Academic All-State – Ashlynn Alvarado, Parker Kimball, & Aubrey Acheson
Our Bears football team had a number of All-Distric and All-State honors this season.
- First-Team All-District – Tabor Tyson (Running Back & Defensive Back
- Second-Team All-District – Victor Koncaba (Offensive Lineman), Jakob Megilligan (Wide Receiver), Ben Gatlin (Linebacker), Jack Hansen (Defensive Back)
- Honorable Mention All-District – Zach Czerlinsky (Athlete)
- Academic All-State – Ben Gatlin & Tabor Tyson